- 100 % Chia seeds (Salvia hispanica), natural gluten free quality
- Chia seeds have long been prized by the Aztecs and Mayans for their nutritional value
- They contain high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids (26 g / 100 g) in an optimal ratio of 3:1
- Additionally Chia is enriched by dietary fibre (21 g / 100 g) and protein (21 g / 100 g)
Chia (Salvia hispanica) is an annual sage plant that grows up to 1 meter. Originally native to Mexico, Chia is now cultivated in many parts of South America and Australia. The flowers are blue and form capsules, of which the seeds are coated. Because of its nutrient richness chia seeds were an integral part of the diet in South and Central America, even at the early civilizations.
ORIGIN of our Chia seeds
nu3 Chia seeds are derived from South America. Due to climatic differences along the north-south axis of the continent, the seeds are harvested at different time points in the different production areas - so chia seeds can be obtained from the respective straight harvesting region for several months. Regardless of the source region all of our suppliers grow Chia under strict controls.
PROCESSING our Chia seeds
In the main growing region in Mexico after the harvest in November, the capsules are threshed,to let fall out the seeds. Afterwards the capsule shells are removed and the seeds are cleaned and checked for quality and packaging.
QUALITY of our Chia Seeds
The quality of nu3 chia seeds is checked both in the field and by laboratory tests.
- All Natural Ingredients
- Preservative Free
- Dye Free
- Gluten Free
- Yeast Free
- No Added sugar
- No Artificial Flavours
- Gelatin Free
chia seeds1 (100%)
1 origin: Bolivia
Directions for use:
Use chia seeds for baking or add to breakfast cereals in a ratio of max 10%.
For a rather thick consistency a ratio of 1:4 (chia seeds:liquid) is enough. A ratio of 1:6 is perfect for more liquid recipes (e.g. Smoothies, Shakes).
|Nutrient specification||Per 100 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Monounsaturated fatty acids||27,1 g|
|Omega-3 fatty acids||20,4 g|
|Omega-6 fatty acids||5,9 g|
Alergens or special properties:
- Lactose Free
- Gluten Free
Very good quality.
Reviewed on 2014-09-17 15:38:00 Isabel
Makes a super breakfast in the morning-
Reviewed on 2014-05-21 16:26:00 Anette
The chia seeds swell really well so it's easy to make Chia Pudding
Reviewed on 2014-05-18 14:36:00 Maria
Our recommendation for you
nu3 chia seeds
- Name nu3 chia seeds
- Item description Chia seeds
- For the dietary treatment of -
- Net weight 300 g
- Dosage Form Natural
- Best before end See the bottom of the product
- Brand nu3
- Country of origin Bolivia
- EAN 4260289444759
- PZN 10329422
- Label language Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish
- Package insert / packing slip (PDF) Not Available
Store well closed and in a dry place.
10179 Berlin Germany
- Slimming ⇒ Goals ⇒ Weight Loss without Hunger
- Slimming ⇒ Goals ⇒ Natural Slimming
- Slimming ⇒ Weight Loss Products
- Nature ⇒ Health ⇒ High-Fiber Nutrition
- Nature ⇒ Muesli
- Nature ⇒ Seeds ⇒ Chia Seeds
- Nature ⇒ Natural Products ⇒ Nuts and Oilseeds
- Brands ⇒ nu3 ⇒ nu3 Nature
- nu3 ⇒ Deal ⇒ Products ⇒ Superfood
- nu3 ⇒ Deal ⇒ Vegan